Overarching research themes
Our work focuses on three overarching research themes
Philanthropy: casting, contexts, concepts
- What are the individual and organizational expressions and motives of philanthropic activities?
- What are the theories, concepts and sites of philanthropy?
- What is the story of philanthropy?
- How are philanthropic practices changing and developing?
- How does philanthropy play out in different contexts?
Philanthropy and Society
- How do philanthropy and society interact? What is their relationship?
- How is the relationship between philanthropy and society developing? What are key drivers and directions?
- What are the visible and invisible societal expressions, characteristics and activities of philanthropy?
- What are the effects, impacts and outcomes of philanthropic activities?
Exploring Public Good
- What is public good? What are its different facets? How is the idea of public good evolving and changing?
- What is needed for achieving public good? Which areas/services provide public good? What role do philanthropic organisations play in the provision of public good?
- How can we assess public good? How do we choose and prioritise different forms of public good?